MIDDLE SCHOOL "NEED TO KNOW"
JMC ONLINE GRADEBOOK
Student and parents can access our JMC Online Gradebook at any time. All students and parents received logins and passwords to access JMC, Inc. Parent logins are always the parent's last name. Please contact the office if you require assistance retrieving your login and/or password.
Parents and students are expected to access the online gradebook on a weekly basis. Students are permitted to access JMC, Inc. during Study Hall and Resource Period. Our teachers review student grades and missing assignments on a regular basis throughout the school year.
Parents and students without access to the internet at home are encouraged to stop by Neosho School during Extra Effort (3:15-4:20 p.m.) to view this valuable resource. *The Thursday Envelope provides a weekly schedule for Extra Effort.
The following "marks" reflect the status of assignments:
- "X" = Exempt - this assignment is not included in the students grade and is not required
- "LX" = Late Exempt - this assignment is late and is currently exempt. Exempt status results in the assignment not being part of the overall calculate grade for the course. However, the assignment is expected to be completed and will result in a zero if not turned in.
- "LI" = Late Incomplete - this assignment is late and currently recorded as a zero. Missing assignments can have a significant impact on the overall grade. The assignment can still be turned in for partial credit until the grade has been changed to a zero.
*Quizzes, tests, and projects will be entered by the instructors within one week from the original due date.
**Homework will be entered into JMC, Inc. within 48 hours of the original due date.
MIDDLE SCHOOL ASSIGNMENT CALENDAR & TEACHER PAGES
All classroom activities/assignments are available for your viewing on the weekly assignment calendar "Middle School Assignment Calendars" located on our website.
Students and parents should access the assignment calendar when your student is absent from school. You may also opt to contact the school to request homework. We recommend only requesting homework for multiple days of absence in order to ensure that the work can be collected and sent home with the appropriate family member.
When students are absent from school due to illness, we believe that students should focus on feeling better and will provide ample time for the student to complete assignments due to his/her absence. *The middle school faculty are currently working on a "cubby" system for each homeroom in which the student's work can be collected and picked up by a parent at the end of the school day.
Each faculty member has their own webpage and may choose to provide links to valuable resources directly related to their content area. At this time, the best resource to view daily classroom activity is the new Middle School Assignment Calendar (Grade 6, Grade 7, or Grade 8).
PARENT-TEACHER COMMUNICATION TOOLS
- Each faculty member has been issued a Neosho School email account. Faculty members email accounts are always their first initial and last name @neoshoschool.com. Example - firstname.lastname@example.org
- A staff directory is available on our website. The directory provides links to the teacher webpage, teacher email account, and the best number to contact the faculty member.
- Teachers will provide a response to your email within 24 hours.
- Parents and students can also contact the faculty via the JMC, Inc. online gradebook by clicking the link on the right hand side of the gradebook. *Teachers may also opt to send an email out to an entire class regarding classroom assignments, due dates, and upcoming activities. It is important to note that a response to a "JMC, Inc." email often does not go directly to the classroom teacher.
- Neosho School classrooms do not have telephones. The teachers do have voicemail accounts that are checked throughout the week. We strongly recommend that phone calls come through the office and a message to return your call be left with the School Secretary at 920-625-3531. Please permit ample time for the message to be relayed unless you specifically request a return call that school day.
Teachers may opt to provide individual cell phone numbers to be accessed. However, cell phone reception at Neosho School is very inconsistent. In order to best accomodate your request for a phone call, the majority of our faculty members will use the landline to communicate. Phone calls will be returned within 24 hours.
- The Middle School Faculty communicates all school information via the Thursday Envelope. The Thursday Envelope is emailed home via JMC, Inc. every week. Please provide an email to the office in order to ensure that you receive the important udpates.
- Middle School Faculty office hours can be found on their individual webpages.
WORKING LUNCH & FOCUS LUNCH
- WORKING LUNCH - Effective 3rd Quarter, students failing to complete classwork by the determined due date are assigned to "Working Lunch". Students that receive three (3) working lunches within a two week window are assigned to an after school Extra Effort. Working Lunch is considered a Tier II "Responsibility" Intervention.
Parents are notified daily (via email or phone call) if their student has been assigned a Working Lunch.
- FOCUS LUNCH - Effective 3rd Quarter, students failing to meet daily behavior expectations may be assigned a "Focus Lunch". The consequence is recorded on a STUDENT DISCIPLINE form and sent home to receive a parent signature. Students receiving three (3) focus lunches within a two week window are assigned an after school detention. Focus Lunch is considered a Tier II "Behavior" Intervention.
BYOD (BRING YOUR OWN DEVICE)
Students are encouraged to bring their own wireless device to school in order to enhance/support their learning experience.
Student Expectations for BYOD are as follows:
Students must register their devices with the office in order to use personal electronic devices that access the wireless internet.
Personal wireless devices must be used only for school purposes
Wireless devices will be granted password protected access to our wireless infrastructure only if a signed Acceptable Use Policy is on file
Students can lose access to our technology and lose the right to bring their device to school if they violate the Acceptable Use Policy
We encourage parents to access the PARENT RESTRICTIONS setting on various devices and recommend that they follow up with the vendor to find out how to set up the restrictions in order to ensure "PG" use of the devices brought to school by their student(s)
Cell phones should be powered off and stored in lockers during the school day. At no time is cell phone use, texting, and/or instant messaging permitted.